Your participation in Chapter 22 is important to keep our chapter alive!
Mark Your Calendars - ENNES Workshop coming to Central NY
Saturday, June 10 at the Holiday Inn, Liverpool
Details coming soon
February Meeting - Wednesday, 2/22
Please RSVP to Tom McNicholl email@example.com before 12pm, Monday, 2/20
Location: WSTM/WTVH/WSTQ, 1030 James St., Syracuse, NY
6:30pm Business Meeting
Our presentation will be "The Future of TV, Today. Platforms for the new generation of TV," presented by Ken Metcalf from Imagine Communications
Discussion will include:
• Hybrid/IP Infrastructure - a review of the standards and the adoption of IP into the broadcast plant
• Software Defined Everything - underlying technologies and platforms for Software Defined Networking and workflows
• Cloud & Virtual Origination - various models for integrated Playout and Disaster Recovery
• Cloud Video Platform - a model for video playout and OTT/VOD/CDN services
• Unified Distribution - leveraging linear into a non-linear ABR distribution model
• Advanced Advertising - optimization and new technologies for personalizing ad delivery
Ken Metcalf is Imagine Communications Regional Sales Manager. With 17+ years in the industry and 7 years with Imagine, Ken will be offering a look at the future of TV, today. Ken and his associates will highlight how underlying technologies, IP standards, and unified distribution, along with optimization is helping Broadcasters and the Media & Entertainment industry evolve to offer new and exciting solutions to their audiences today. There will be a demonstration of integrated playout on premise and utilizing the Cloud.
We need your RSVP so we can order the appropriate amount of food.